Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shades of Gray


Shades of Gray is a collection of my paintings for 2016. There are 12 paintings in this collection but two paintings are displayed in the homes of two dear classmates.
Quote: “A lie doesn’t become truth, wrong doesn’t become right and evil doesn’t become good, just because it’s accepted by a majority.”
I actually completely totally believe in the quotation above.
It’s true that black doesn’t become white nor the other way around. In life, it isn’t just black or white, but there are many shades of gray, which makes our life interesting, mysterious, quite challenging. It is in the grays that we find more questions than answers, hope that the following day will become so much better than today, and if it doesn’t, then we wait for a new day, another week perhaps, until we find what will make us happy, happier.  We will get there somehow.
As I was listening to the radio on our way home, the song “Alone again, naturally” was playing.  I know the words by heart. I tried to hum even sing along. But as the song neared the end, I stopped, pretended not to listen, looked the other way, controlled the sobbing, until tears rolled down my cheeks.  Didn’t I just say I don’t cry as much. I wish that was true.  I just try to forget the many things that run through my mind. I avoid issues.  I keep myself busy so as not to dwell on my troubles, too many to share. I just pray more.
Lyrics of the song Alone Again Naturally…..
In a little while from now
If I’m not feeling any less sour
I promise myself to treat myself
And visit a nearby tower
And climbing to the top
Will throw myself off
In an effort to
Make it clear to whoever
Wants to know what it’s like When you’re shattered
Left standing in the lurch at a church
Were people saying, My God, that’s tough
She stood him up
No point in us remaining
We may as well go home
As I did on my own
Alone again, naturally
To think that only yesterday
I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to who wouldn’t do
The role I was about to play
But as if to knock me down
Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt
Talk about, God in His mercy
Oh, if he really does exist
Why did he desert me
In my hour of need
I truly am indeed
Alone again, naturally
It seems to me that
There are more hearts broken in the world
That can’t be mended
Left unattended
What do we do
What do we do
Alone again, naturally
Looking back over the years
And whatever else that appears
I remember I cried when my father died
Never wishing to hide the tears
And at sixty-five years old
My mother, God rest her soul
Couldn’t understand why the only man
She had ever loved had been taken
Leaving her to start
With a heart so badly broken
Despite encouragement from me
No words were ever spoken
And when she passed away
I cried and cried all day
Alone again, naturally
Alone again, naturally
It’s really a sad sad song. It’s in the grays, the many shades of gray that we find hope, meaning and love, love love. Talk to you soon ….

No comments:

Post a Comment