Thursday, December 22, 2016

Flowers on Christmas

Title:  Flowers
Size:  16 x 16 inches
Medium:  Acrylic:
Artist: betsisanders 2016
***
Christmas in the Philippines starts on the first day of the -ber months.
  Some say we have the longest Christmas season in the entire world.
  For me, the season starts in August, when I begin to bring out my decors
and start setting up a Christmas tree.  I've been doing this for years  and I make
 sure the tree is up and ready on my mother's birthday in October.  
Hopefully by Christmas eve, I am done decorating trees. 
 This year I have three Christmas trees. .The season extends  even after 
the New Year and ends on Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year 
or my birthday.   That's the time when I dismantle the trees
 and keep the decors in plastic storage boxes. 

Advent means the arrival of a notable person, thing or event.
Advent is the "second coming of Christ".
As we wait for the arrival of our Lord,
some become impatient, some are filled with emotion, 
passion, expectancy and positivity. We wait for Christ 
to fill \us with love. In turn, we share, give, impart and transfer
this love to our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, 
our community and most of all, with the poor, 
needy, sick and elderly.

We may not be financially or physically capable 
of sharing material things.  What can one do?
  ...... ... I can't even  think of anything noble, worthy, unselfish, 
generous or virtuous to do.

I guess a sincere greeting, with a beautiful 
smile, and a warm hug would suffice.  
This painting of flowers is my simple way 
of  greeting you all on Christmas day.  
May you all be filled with an abundance of
 love from  your family and friends.

love love love love,
betsisanders



No comments:

Post a Comment