Friday, October 12, 2012

Chuck's Deli, Eastwood City

I was looking at some food photos from my last trip to the States.  I suddenly had this craving for a Reuben Sandwich.  So, off we went to Eastwood.  There is this sandwich place called Chuck's Deli in Eastwood and they serve my favorite sandwich.
 
Reuben ... is a hot sandwich of corned beef, Swiss cheese, with Russian or Thousand Island dressing and sauerkraut.   At Arby's, I put this mayo and wasabi dressing on my sandwich, the name escapes me at the moment.  At Charlie's, it is called aioli, placed in a plastic white dispenser, just like the ketchup (red) and mustard (yellow), and you can have as much as you want. At Chuck's Deli,  I had to request the server for this dressing.  She asked what sandwich I ordered, and came back with this small black dish which had about a teaspoon of the dressing. :-(
 
 
 
 
Faking Duck...  had chicken or pork slices, crispy wonton wrappers and hoisin sauce.  Tasted like Peking Duck, pero Fake. That's why it is a Faking Duck Sandwich.
 
 
Adobo Sandwich ...  good but lacked color and needed more garlic and pepper.
 
French Fries
 
When I tried to pay using my credit card, the waitress came back and asked if I had another card.  I am very sure that I had enough in that Master Card. I only use that card for groceries.  I would have given her my Platinum Visa or Platinum AMEX, but decided to pay in cash, since the bill was less than a thousand pesos.   I went to M&S after and used my Master Card, and it was good.   I have a weird feeling that the cashier did not swipe my card and wanted their customers to pay in cash. [I do not like paying in cash,because they usually give old dirty bills and coins for change.
Besides, you get points when using a credit card.)
  
 
Shall I go back to Chuck's Deli? NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment