Sunday, October 14, 2012

My reason for living

A big part of me ended tonight. I deleted all my blogs in multiply except this one.  Somehow I just felt that I needed to say goodbye to them in my own way, and not allow the administration of multiply to do it for me.  My multiply site will cease to exist by December 1 of this year.  I have transferred most of the paintings, photos, even blogs here in blogspot; printed some blogs and kept them in hard bound books. But this post, I needed to keep online. 
 
 
 
*******************
 

March 28, 2010 / Sunday


Today is Son'sgraduation from the Ateneo High School. He is a consistent honor student and is very talented. He plays the piano, the guitar and now the violin, quite artistic..( this , he probably took after me =])... but what makes me love him more is his 'cool' personality, seldom angry, never rude, never loud, always kind, cheerful and lovable.. (this, he took after his dad =]=]=] )
I remember the day he took the entrance tests at the Ateneo twelve years ago.  Son didn't make it. I was devastated and frustrated. How can he not pass that test? He was the class salutatorian in his pre-school. He was too young to feel anything, too young to be devastated or frustrated. . . . I enrolled him at the De La Salle in Antipolo.

I could not accept that my son will not be a true blue Atenean. I had always imagined and dreamed that my boy will be a “man for others”. Besides, our house is only a few minutes away from the Ateneo. 

A few months later, I went to the Ateneo Grade School. I just had to check it out, see the campus, feel how it is to have a son in that prestigious school. As I walked my way inside the Grade School, I saw an announcement on one of the bulletin boards. It was the schedule for entrance tests to Grade 1. My son had another chance. ... the rest is history.

Today he will graduate from this prestigious, renowned and impressive university and receive an Honorable Mention, a Third Honor. Today, I am a proud mother of a brilliant Atenean, an obedient, loving, sweet and caring young man. 

I love you son... you are my reason for living.




Hey Son... smile for mom ..please !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment