Friday, October 05, 2012

Where is your happy place?



I enjoy reading blogs. I start from the latest blog post and then read older ones until I finish the entire blog. I don't sign up as a follower or friend, nor do I become an Anonymous reader. Whenever a blog interests me, I read it continuously and finish the entire blog within two or three days.

As I was reading this "Queen's" entire blog, he asked, "where is your happy place?" . . . Oh my, ... I had to pause and think, then paused longer. I have always written that I am in a quest for happiness. In my search, I realized that happiness is within me, that happiness is a decision, a choice that I have made. Therefore, there is no actual place where I can find happiness.

For the blogger, his happy place is Adora's ... An upscale department store in Greenbelt.   I could not relate. I like going there too. I brought my balikbayan friends and relatives to shop there, and I love the posh interiors, but it cannot and will never be a happy place for me.

I paused a bit longer.... Where is my happy place? ... It could be in my kitchen, while I cook or bake. when I am feeling good, when my bones do not ache, my muscles are not spastic,  and when  my nerves do not pruoduce needle - like sensations on my neck, back and shoulders. Hmmmm......


 Or, right here in my bedroom, at the corner, where my desk is. It is during this time, when I have taken my pain medications, at half past one in the morning, sitting, reading, typing away on my computer, or painting, while the two people who love me most are in dreamland.
 This is my happy place.

Where is your happy place?
/ betsisanders 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment