Tuesday, November 13, 2012

the latest fad ... Dakasi bubble milk tea

Dakasi ... bubble milk tea
This is the latest fad / craze .  Bubble Tea
 
But what exactly is bubble tea?
According to Wikipedia, "Bubble tea, is also known as pearl milk tea, boba milk tea, or boba.  ...  is a tea-based drink invented in tea shops in Taichung, Taiwan in the 1980s. Most bubble tea recipes contain a tea base mixed with fruit or milk. Ice-blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency. Most bubble teas come with small chewy tapioca balls called pearls," ( known locally as sago).

I remember Zagu and before that there were the cold refreshments sold by DEC in Greenhills, and way before these cold treats, was our famous local Sago at Gulaman.

********

Son and I were in Trinoma last Monday. I wanted to eat lunch, and of course, cakes at Parvatti.  But Son and I ended up eating at this Filipno restaurant, the only place in Trinoma where I  haven't  dined before, (for the very simple reason that it serves Filipino dishes, which I can actually cook with my eyes closed).  Cabalen would have been a better choice, because you can consume as much Filipino foods as you want for half the price we paid at this  restaurant.  I am never going back to that small Filipino restaurant.  I am not going to blog about that place, nor mention its name here.

After walking and shopping at Landmark for almost three hours, buying Christmas presents, I didn't have enough strength or leg power to be able to walk to  Parvatti. Just have to go back some other time. 

On our way back to the car, I spotted Dakasi and opted to try their best seller, Dakasi Bubble Milk Tea. It had small black pearls (sago), crushed ice, and of course, milk, sugar and tea.  Son stuck a big yellow straw and tried to suck in the milk tea and pearls.  He said, " Mom, the pearls are stuck in the straw." DUH!!!  Hello Son!!!  you need another straw so that air can go into the cup, then you can drink the milk tea and eat the pearls. Simple law of physics, right?

Oh dear, this blog is becoming a novel, too long, and I am just talking about bubble tea. 

When I took a sip, my tastebuds experienced and perceived an incredibly refreshing cold sweet milky creamy liquid, my teeth chomped, gnashed on the tiny black chewy pearls; and as I inhaled, breathed in, I sniffed the scent of the tea, closed my eyes, not wanting to breathe out the scent of that extremely delicious black tea aroma.  Woohoo!!!! What a pleasant experience!  All I could think of and feel was, gratitude. Thankful for the gift of smell, taste,  sight and touch.... and all these because of this bubble milk tea. Lovely experience, isn't it? The simple joys of my life.

/ betsisanders 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment