Friday, November 30, 2012

Blogging



There are about 156 million public blogs, probably more today, since its emergence in the late 1990's. I started this blog, (www.betsisanders.blogspot.com) in May 2009, to showcase my paintings and insights. I shared photos (photolog), more personal blogs, food/restaurant reviews in my premium ('paid') multiply account, which I started in December 2007. Unfortunately, my multiply account will cease to exist tomorrow, December 1, 2012. I transferred most, if not all, about 200 albums and blogs to this blogspot account last September. I should have just created a new account, which I eventually did, a couple of nights ago. (www.chicsanders22.blogspot.com)

The personal blog is the most common type of blog. It is like a diary, a journal or commentary. My blog is seldom read, until I posted it on Facebook. Blogging has become a daily habit, my way of life for the past six years. It is my way of keeping in touch with my sister, my Dad, relatives and friends. It is a personal account of my life where I share my thoughts, insights, feelings, paintings, photographs (of places I've visited, restaurants & foods I love, even people who matter).

According to Oriah, "we are the primary source of information about who and what we are", and that we get frustrated when others do not "get" it, when they have trouble seeing truths about ourselves." True, but I try not to get frustrated. This is what I believe and write all the time. "Very few appreciate what I write, share or do. If anyone does, then I am grateful. If no one appreciates, that's alright, because Someone does, and He is more than enough."
 
/ betsisanders 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment