Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Two Dancers, Two Friends

 
 
 
My thoughts today ....Friends come and go. I let go of some friendships. It was a letting go of someone for my own good, and in the process I gained something better. I am relieved and glad that I cropped those frenemies out of my life. I am quite sure they feel the same way. I had done them a favor. By letting frenemies go, other friends are now back in my life. I've made room for those who matter now. By creating space, I allowed others to fill up the holes those frenemies created. It can be called 'weeding', or 'removing the chaff from the grain', 'throwing out the bad seeds'. 'Amputations', 'cutting the cords', 'turning your back and never looking back', 'closing the doors and keeping them shut'! But what about with family? Did the same thing but it is easier with frenemies. There are no connections that bind me with frenemies unlike with family.
 **********************************************************************************
                                                                               





This is a small acrylic painting measuring 5x7 inches, which I did last night, around this same time, a little before two in the morning. This is my quiet time, my 'me' time, where I write, paint, blog or do Facebook. 
 
I saw several paintings by Gendelman and loved her art work, even pinned them on Pinterest.  I made my own version, a 'copycat' of her paintings. They say that imitation is the best form of flattery and is what immature artists like me do.  In art class, we are usually given an art work to copy and make our own version.  (Thanks Madam.)
 ******** 
I shall leave you with this quote. ""It is time to Photoshop my life. Touch up the edges, adjust the tones, blur out the background, focus on me and crop people out."
 
Two Dancers, Two Friends.
/ betsisanders 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment