Sunday, November 18, 2012

ride the car to ongpin

"Ride the Car?" .. a phrase we often used with the kids when they were little. Today, I still use it with the Hubby when I ask him to dirve for me. So, off we went to Ongpin on a Sunday.  You'd think there won't be much traffic since it is a Sunday. On the contrary, it still took us an hour and a half to reach Binondo.  The early Christmas shoppers are all in Chinatown.
We passed by two churches, the Binondo Church and Sta. Cruz Church.
I wanted to buy some ube hopia, but we couldn't find a parking space.
You'd think that the color red will be the dominant color in Chinatown.
Wrong. It is the color purple, ube, purple yams, the flavor that made Eng Bee Tin famous.
Even Chinatown's firetrucks are violet.
 
Saw this restaurant. Now , which is the original one?  Sa Lido or Lido? Hmmmm
********
When I visit Ongpin, I  go to the grocery that sells Hok Shu Chinese Ham and the siomai, siopao, kikiam vendor across this store.  Didn't see any Chinese ham when we passed by the grocery. But there were lots of people across the street. 
Couldn't resist biting on this newly cooked fried siopao. I burned my lower lip, but it was worth it.  This siopao tastes really really good, with bits of kutchay (garlic chives) in it. 
This is dinner, siomai, siopao and kikiam. 
It's been two days of Chinese food.
********
/betsisanders
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment