Thursday, November 01, 2012

Christine Milunski / October 2012

Christine Milunski, my friend since 5th Grade.  We took the entrance exam
in SPCQ at the same time.  She had very long 'braided' hair back then. Christine was
 with her super sophisticated, very poised Mom. 
******** 
Christine would phone me almost daily, would ask about HW
or practically about anything. She was actually snooping on me. 
One time, my Nanay answered the phone and called me by my nickname.
Christine, who used to call me Lourds, silent E, kept  saying my nickname.
The next day, she told everyone about her discovery!
I remember how our 5th grade teacher tied Christine to her chair, placed a sign/placard,
hung it on her neck and made her go to every classroom in the grade school.
I forgot what was written on the sign. Maybe, 'I promise to behave!"
Dr. Dags, with her stuffed mouse from Atty Susie.
Cynthia and Christine were good friends in 5th grade, too.
But our teacher, Mrs. Gualberto, who was pregnant then,  made sure that Christine  
stayed away from  Cynthia, because Christine was 'bad influence'.
She was making Cynthia 'malikot' like her.
that's Christine wearing her rompers / 'duster' (bought in Barcelona)
Christine left for the States after first year high school,
but we kept in touch through snail mail, now email, texts and FB.
...with the girls I used to hang out with (Debra, Dags & Swanee)
Too bad Avic couldn't join us. She chose to be with her Maryknoller friends.
... with Cynthia, my alter ego.
of course,  Christine, the original m----c!

/ betsisanders


No comments:

Post a Comment