Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brasserie Cicou

Everything you need or want to know about this restaurant is in their website (www.restaurantcicou.com).

I could never get a table at this fine dining restaurant when it was still in Makati. The restaurant either had an event or was always full. My friend, Mayee, posted photos in her Facebook account and highly recommended this place. Bloggers only have exemplary, persuasive and positive reviews about Brasserie Cicou.

The move from Makati to Greenhills and the shift from the very formal dining ambience (quite snobbish) to a more family friendly casual bistro / cafe, made me want and crave dining here, but it still took me quite a long while to come and eat here. [I don't eat oysters, clams, mussels or snails. I also do not like foie gras, or dishes with liver, and I try to avoid eating beef. Those are probably the reasons.]

It was our 26 th wedding anniversary last weekend and thought of treating the boys to a French meal. We usually have late lunch at 2 or early dinner at 5. The restaurant only serves snacks from 2 to 6. That's alright! I only wanted to eat dessert, (Kouign-amann, macarons and profiteroles).

Kouign-amann & Salted Caramel Ice Cream at Brasserie Cicou.


Kouign-amann  Php 310


Kouign-amann (kween a-mon), Breton pl. kouignoĆ¹-amann) is a Breton cake. Its name is from the Breton words ("kouign") which means cake and ("amann") which means butter. Its texture is similar to a croissant. It is round and crusty, made with bread dough that contains layers of butter and sugar folded in, just like how puff pastry is made. It is baked slowly until the butter puffs up the dough and a crusty outer layer is formed when the sugar caramelizes. Yum yum yum :)

Anything that has sugar and butter is delicious. Add a dollop of salted caramel ice cream, is heaven on a plate!

Profiteroles ... are mini creme puffs, that I can make. But what makes their profiteroles taste a lot better is the ice cream filling. Tasted like Beard Papa's cream puffs .



                                                                  Profiteroles Php 220

I forgot to order the macarons and the boys stopped me from getting them because they were quite full. There will always be a next time. Something sweet to look forward to.

Here are the other dishes that we got. They were goodt, not bad, but lacked salt. Small saucers of rock salt are on  the tables. The boys were sticking their fingers in the rock salt and I did not like that at all. I imagined all the customers doing the same thing, sticking their dirty fingers on the salt. Hubby said that salt has antibacterial properties.. But, is it also anti dirt? :( so, I requested for iodized salt , which they placed in a similar small dish, with a serving teaspoon. That's better!



                                                           Quiche  Php 150 each


Vegetarian Pasta Php 300


Spicy Lamb Sausage Php 350


Shall I go back to Brasserie Cicou? Of course, asap!

/ betsisanders 2012

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsi! Thanks for finally trying out Cicou. Next time, let me know para pa reserve kita ng table ha!
    Mayee

    ReplyDelete