Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Sketch & Color / thoughts on rainy days (August 8, 2012)

Title: Sketch & Color
Size: 5 x 7 inches
Medium: Pen, Color Pencil on Paper
Artist: betsisanders 2012


I live near the Marikina River. A friend from dental school asked if I was alright. Her house in San Juan was already submerged in flood waters, her kids left in the house, while she and her husband were at her Mom's house in New Manila, safe and dry. That kind thoughtful gesture was what I really needed. I was touched and felt that someone cared. Thanks Jacqui !

Have been feeling the 'blues' since yesterday, "the rainy Monday", since Boyet left for Bangkok and won't be back til Wednesday evening. Spent the days and nights sketching and drawing. Writing and blogging.

Aimee, Mitchie, Aya, Dr. Joey, Eric, Jacqui, Tinali, Gigi ... Thanks for remembering me!

At the height of the heavy forceful torrential downpour, thunderstorm and flooding, shortly before midnight (last night,) I came across Oriah's "status update" in Facebook.

Oriah Mountain Dreamer
‎"This coming together and moving apart is what makes us aware that we are all, each of us, alone. And when I am fully with myself, it is almost enough. Almost. But when you hold my aloneness and I hold yours, when I know we will not hold the necessary silences against each other, I am penetrated by a greater intimacy, an intimacy with the Other, the Mystery that permeates everything, that penetrates and vibrates in my skin, your blood, my bones. It is what makes my breath and your breath the same breath, breathing us all into the next moment. It is here, where my solitude and yours sit side by side that I know this Other that is never completely other, that I meet the I that is not simply myself, that I am truly with the world."~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer from the Dance

I don't remember how many times I prayed the Our Father, the rosary , my novenas ... The Other, whom Oriah refers to, my God, Creator and Savior. Thank You !!!

fairy.JPG








/ my sketches are based on originals I found in the internet. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment