Saturday, August 25, 2012

Long Weekend in Clark



On our way to Fontana Leisure Park shortly after turning right at the Angeles Exit, I saw this fruit stand selling 'atis' also known as sugar-apple, custard-pineapple or sweetsop. It's that time of the year, atis sold on the streets of Angeles. Php 120/kilo. Saw some atemoya being sold for Php 400/kilo. ... - ber months soon! ♥ it!

For the long weekend, we headed to our usual getaway, to relax, swim, duty-free shop and go food-tripping with family. It was a welcome surprise to see good old friends from dental school.


I posted this photo in Facebook, with this description. "Betsisanders was with "three classmates & dental colleagues" over the weekend in Clark.Been searching google for famous trios to name these three ... 3 stooges? 3 blind mice? 3 little pigs? 3 wise men? The Chipmunks? Earth Wind & Fire? The Bee Gees? Ready, Willing & Able? See, Hear & Speak (no evil)? ... O well, I guess my 'three good friends' will do !!!"

FB friends suggested The Three Musketeers (Tess), Tres Caballeros (Bambi), Tres Leches Cake (Tinali), Hok Lok Shiu (Ronnie) and Tall Grande Venti (Sandy). Hmmmm ....




Lunch was at Binulo, my second time to dine there. Ranny treated us to lunch. (Will post a separate blog for Binulo.)

sisig pizza


blueberry cheesecake
We met up again later in the evening at ABC hotel's poolside for dinner and drinks.The 'three musketeers' just had sisig pizza, chicken wings, and beer! I got a blueberry cheesecake and a frozen margarita since Hubby and I already had an early dinner of dimsum, noodles and congee with SIL & family at Red 8, Fontana Clubhouse.

Always good to reminisce about the old days. It felt as if we were still in dental school. "Friendship isn't about being inseparable. It's about being separated and nothing changes."... Talking about that 'poll' that the boys did on who was/were the ugliest girl(s) in class often made me wonder what my ranking was. (Being the only chubby one in class!) ... ?... :( ... And why they didn't let me vote, since I am like "one of the boys" , a drinking and smoking buddy ! O well ... At least, I was privy to that poll and have always known who the winner(s) were.

>>>>>>>>

Food tripping on Kapampanan cuisine at Eveybody's Cafe, near Nepo Mall. (separate blog to follow).

Fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment