Saturday, August 04, 2012

Create & Pray ... was it a blue moon? yellow? it was definitely a full moon!



As I read one of Oriah's status updates, she mentioned how seasoned writers have managed to 'keep on writing when inner and outer voices were discouraging'. One of the writers said that she has a sign in her room with just two words that direct her writing and her life, LOVE & WORK.

So, I got to thinking again. ... If I was asked what two words motivate me,... I'd say CREATE & PRAY. I create art, simple art ... Photos, small paintings, short poems or essays, and cakes are just some of the few things I love to create... and then I pray often, the rosary and novenas to my favorite saints. Create, then pray... Two powerful words that inspire me to fulfill my dreams, that push my soul towards accomplishing my goals.

In every painting I create, I sign my name on it. In every short poem or prose, I affix my signature at the bottom of the page. Lately, I have placed a watermark on my photos. This isn't because I am selfish. I just want to be recognized for the work that I do. To copy or imitate my work is the best form of flattery and I do appreciate that. But please ... Please acknowledge and give recognition when it is due so I can continue to create my art.

I pray for all my friends and family who love me. I also pray for myself. (My Nanay used to say that she prayed for everyone and forgot to pray for herself. She said this all the time on her death bed while she was bedridden and suffering from multiple organ system failure. ) I pray that I may be able to create more, to love even the unloveable, to always count my blessings and share, to always be grateful. To Live, love and be happy all the time!

betsisanders / August 4,  2012


[Photos were taken while at the ATC last Thursday. We were on our way out of the mall, when Alan pointed to the moon and I hurriedly got my camera. Was it a blue moon that night? Yellow? ... It surely was a full moon.]

No comments:

Post a Comment