Monday, August 06, 2012

Rainy Monday


It's a rainy Monday.  I love the rain  I love Mondays. It is quiet today. Hubby in Thailand. Son in school. I actually look forward to this quiet time, this ME time.  But somehow,  the silence is deafening and giving me the blues.





********
I remember my Mom today.  I remember how she would talk on the phone for hours.  She would call the wives of my Dad's friends.  Or she would call her older sister.  I don't remember her having any high school friends or having lunch dates with her women friends.  I don't even remember anyone calling her on the phone. She was always the one making the calls.


Twelve years ago, she suffered from multi organ system failure , renal failure , due to end stage diabetes.  Only two people came to visit her regularly. One was her older sister, Tita Ding, but her sister died of cardiac arrest three months before my Mom passed.  The other regular visitor was a neighbor.  I thought that the neighbor was really very nice. only to find out that that she was a 'snoop' and gossiped about my Mom and our household.

Where were my Mom's constant phone pals?  Where were her friends?  She died twelve years ago. .. with no friends, not even her sister was around. She died with just my Dad, my youngest sibling and me.  =[


I came across this in Facebook. ......




Is there really anybody worth keeping around?  I thought I found  best friends ... many times.  But they have all vanished.  I have chosen to turn my back on them. We had some personality flaws and I  was better off without them.

********
I read this the other night and I quote:


Facebook is a happy place, for happy people, posting happy things," said one friend, who's had a doozy of a year. "So when you're in a difficult life situation, it can become a terribly painful place to visit." (From the article ...Face it, Facebook: Sometimes you suck; By Jessica Ravitz, CNN/ August 2, 2012

I told myself... It is just a matter of attitude. Be happy not just for yourself but for others too. But if you are having a bad day, just log out from Facebook for a while, be still, be quiet. Do not post your unhappy thoughts on your status update in Facebook. Instead, write it on your journal and post it in a blog for the entire www to read, not just your friends in FB!

********

... and this post from one of my favorite authors, Paulo Coehlo, is just what I need today!
A Happy Rainy Monday !!!


betsisanders / August 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment