Thursday, September 13, 2012

ATC ... "Age-ies" Ageless or Aged at the Town Center

Slideshow
ATC 'Age-ies' Ageless Aged at the Town Center

My friend Angge was in Manila for a week. It was her birthday the other day and I just had to see her before she goes back to Malaysia, where she is a professor in a dental school.We planned this get together a month ago.. Going to Alabang to be with Tinali was part of the plan.

I reserved at PF Chang but it was overrated daw :( so, we walked inside the mall and looked for a new place, one that isn't part of a chain, or one that isn't in eastwood. Wee Nam Kee daw, but I've been there several times na. There was this Vietnamese place .... Hmmmm, ayoko! John and Yoko, yoko rin! Then we saw Shi Lin. Tinali said they have xiao long bao. Magic words, xiao long bao!

While the five of us walked inside ATC, I couldn't help smile. Smile at these five aging friends. I wondered how the young people 'saw' us, if they noticed us at all. I kept on saying we were the Age-ies ( derived from the female singing group 'belters', yung sumisigaw while singing )... Wala Lang! Kakatuwa... Limang matanda naglalakad sa mall, nagmo-malling? Gumigimmick sa ATC?

On our long drive home, we were 'rating' the restaurant. I said, if Circles is a 5, then how would they rate Shi Lin. 3 daw. Another said 3.5 .... Huh? Ako 1.5 ..... Syempre, kontra si Cesbau with whatever I say.... It is his trademark, kontrabida... Para bang si Miriam Defensor, who btw, i find very amusing! So amusing ka ba Cesbau? Unlike LD.?

I am not writing a review of the food served, its value for money, si Cesbau naman nagbayad e! Shall I go back to Shi Lin? ..... with the 'Age-ies' ? Sure, only because I love these people. By myself? ...  :)












I like this very light sponge cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment