Wednesday, September 12, 2012

surprise party given by the beautiful travel buddies / feb 8 . 2012

In my search for happiness, I have turned my back on people who did not love me back. I have no regrets because I have focused my full attention on the beautiful ladies, the most lovable funny thoughtful travel buddies ... Jannette Cynthia Bubut Malu Angela Yayo and Karel. They do not just love me back, they love me more. They made me feel very special on my 52nd birthday.

As I was waiting and getting dressed yesterday afternoon, (while chatting with my bbff Aimee on skype - multitasking), my BIL Docchito arrived and knocked on the door. He said he was hungry. So I told him to go down to the kitchen and eat Balut puto or shrimps. I did not think it was odd or out of the ordinary. After a while, my DF Jannette banged on my bedroom door { her usual ;) } frantic, hyper and she was hungry too. Why was everybody hungry all of a sudden? Again.... I , being quite dense , didn't think it was unusual. We were going to have a late lunch at CYMA to celebrate my birthday. But Jannette said she was really famished and that her son Vinni was hungry too. I hurriedly put on my shirt, said bye to Aimee and went down to the kitchen with DF Jannette.

As we approached the main dining room, I noticed that the polycarbonate doors were closed. I said , "e bakit nakasara yan? " I was about to scream at my maid, when I saw the travel buddies, docchito and Alvin in the dining room... All were smiling and there were lots of food on the table. They handed me a bouquet of flowers. My jaw dropped, I was stunned and speechless for a while.

I had to hold back my tears, sayang ang concealer foundation makeup at eyeshadow. Besides, may ugaling Kastila daw kami, Hindi umiiyak sa harap ng tao. ( my sister and I never cried in front of people even when my mom was being cremated, we were composed and poised daw)

Anyway, napawisan lahat ng menopausal travel buddies because they were all hiding, in the billiard room adjacent to the main dining room, in the dark with no air-conditioning. They tried not to make any noise, or I might just hear them and find out about their SURPRISE. ( layo ba naman ng bedroom ko sa dining room, Hindi ko sila madidinig no!)

All I could say was " naku, madumi ang table" and was running my index finger on the table to check for alikabok! Hahaha, OCD! Had to find disposable plates, plastic spoons and forks, styro cups. What? A party with disposable everything? OKaY Lang yan! Ang saya ko naman ;)

Thank you my most beautiful travel buddies for making me feel special and very much loved. I love you all sooooooo much! I also love your Fat chubby miss piggy gifts! The beautiful bracelets, prayer beads, toiletry bags, chocolates and perfume. What more can a 52 year old fatso ask for? Love love love ! We will still eat at Cyma next week, my treat! OPA!!!

I've come to believe that seeking happiness is not a frivolous pursuit. It's honorable and necessary, said Goldie Hawn. I do too! (betsisanders)

thank you ladies! love you lots !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment