Thursday, September 13, 2012

cafe juanita

The hubby and I had lunch last week at Cafe Juanita in Barrio Kapitolyo. We went to the new branch which is just across the old one. I never wanted to eat at this restaurant but it was the nearest to the car dealer.

Cafe Juanita serves Filipino and other Asian dishes. I ordered the calamari for starters. As usual, it is crispy and tasteless. Hubby got the callos, one of his favorite dishes. It was good but Ate Nene's callos is a lot better. I got their chicken with malunggay and Laing. Now .. this was very very delicious! It would have been perfect if they did not add tofu as extenders. We got their sampler dessert (langka, macapuno, ube & leche flan). The langka was soggy. Hubby and I agreed that it didn't taste good. The macapuno, store bought, tastes like it came from a jar. The ube halaya had desiccated coconut in it. Ate Nene's halaya is creamier and made of real ube. The leche flan was alright, but Bubut's leche flan is the best!

The decor, the ambience, the surroundings is a hodge podge of anything and everything. The veils or linen that cover the chandeliers are covered with dust and infested with dust mites. I don't suppose they vacuum these flimsy veils, do they? The tablecloths seem like they are not changed often, are just reused over and over. ... If you are asthmatic or have allergic rhinitis, I wouldn't suggest you have lunch here.

Shall I return?  .......i don't know ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment