Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My quest for the elusive duck on CNY weekend / 2012

what better way to celebrate and welcome the chinese new year than to feast on chinese food! so, off we went to fontana leisure & water theme park for lunch last saturday. i had it all planned in my mind. i was going to order peking duck (served two ways), hot prawn salad, yang chow fried rice (my favorite), some cold cuts, noodles and any fried item. ..... BUT!!!! when i asked for peking duck, the waitress said they didn't have any. WHAT? i was sooooo disappointed that i actually lost my appetite. =[ we drove all the way to clark for 2 hours and there's no duck!

the next day, sunday, after work, i asked the Hubby to drive me to binondo. he said, NO! ... i pleaded, "could you at least bring me to banawe?" i wanted to buy sponge butter bundt cake and chinese ham from the chinese grocery. when we got there, a lot of chinese grandmas and moms were rushing, grabbing boxes of tikoy! and guess what? they ran out of sponge cake and no ham in sight ;[

to calm my nerves, and get my fix of peking duck, we proceeded to luk foo, which was at the other end of banawe. i'm quite sure they have peking duck. it's chinese new year. how can they not have duck, right? even my df jannette said, "luk foo ALWAYS has peking duck." / o ano???? alam niyo na... wala silang peking duck. the waitress said the ducks that they had were small, the same size as a chicken. and they wouldn't serve it even with their rice toppings. ;[ ;[ ;[ there goes my chinese new year's eve food trip.

i'll try my luck tomorrow in greenhills, again! i was there friday and had merienda at luk yuen, a long time favorite for dimsum & noodles. three days of chinese food, without the duck.    so here are the photos of chinese food without my peking duck! lesson --- never order duck on chinese new year weekend... or maybe go somewhere else!

hehehe, hepi chinese new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment